Davit Facade Access Systems
Davit Facade Access Systems are used for the maintenance of building facades using cradles or Industrial Rope Access Techniques to allow safe and unrestricted access over parapets and roof edges. A permanently mounted galvanised steel socket is either chemically anchored or through fixed to the roof structure or parapet wall to provide the anchorage for the Removable Davit Arm.
Our Davit Systems are fully compliant with the following standards:
- BS EN 1808:1999+A1:2010 Suspended Access Equipment – Design Calculations
- BS EN 795:2012 Personal fall Protection Equipment – Anchor Devices
- BS 8610:2017 Personal Fall Protection Equipment – Anchor Systems
- CE Marked
Davit Facade Access Systems are often used in addition to roof safety systems and roof walkways to provide a suspension point that will:
- Clear non-load bearing parapets of a building or other architectural features that may be easily damaged.
- Access areas beyond these features which are hard to reach.
- Provide access for Suspended Access Equipment
- Provide access for Industrial Rope Access operatives
- Provide access for the new Rope Climber
Typical obstructions overcome:
- Glass or other finished parapets
- Decorative railings
- Overhangs and cornices
- Sloped glazing
- Architectural details
- All portable elements under 25kg
- Rated Safe Working Load SWL 240kg
- Standard Outreach of 1400mm with bespoke options available
- Galvanized steel and aluminium construction
- Weather cowl detail options available for roofing purposes
- Bespoke bases available for all types of structures
- Typical anchor specifications 15kN per holding down bolt
- Cradle use requires 12 month LOLER inspections
- Rope Access use requires 6 month LOLER inspections
High Access Solutions aim is to deliver award-winning project design and development in the work at height safety sector, we offer our clients a full turnkey solution for your project. Please contact us for all your work at height project requirements.